Monday, August 17, 2009

Rain?! Over here?! Wait - we're in WASHINGTON

Clouds, rain, wind - these three words pretty much discribe the last week .... and there is not much to do when it's like that all the time outside. I was freezing all the time. But maybe the icewater I keep drinking supports that a little bit ;)
Fortunately the weather got a little bit nicer today. Hurraaaay :) I was able to lay outside in the sun and read and listen to some music. That was a great change!
There is something exciting I can tell you guys: first time on the freeway. Okay...maybe it's not that exciting since the speed limit over here is 70 mph (I think thats about 110 kmh) so everthing is going really slow in my opinion. But the really weird thing is that when you're in the middle or the left lane cars can pass you on the right side. At first it freaked me out just because I wasn't used to that so I went over in the right lane. So I was driving to a friends house, I had to take the 3rd exit so it wasn't too far. I was thinking of nothing bad and all of a sudden there was a cop car right behind me (good thing I keep looking in the mirrows ;) ). Anyways, they started to flash their lights. However, I didn't know if they wanted me to pull over or if they wanted to pass me cuz they just started it out of nowhere....so after a few shock seconds I pulled over to the right and stopped and the cop car sped up and took the exit. That was the other problem: I was in the lane that had to exit...so somehow I had to get over in the middle lane but I was almost off the freeway. But in the end I made it barely and went in the middle lane and drove to my friends house safely ;) Somehow a speed limit isn't that bad cuz everybody has to drive that fast or slowly however you want to interpret it.
When I got back home I got a phonecall from some friends who finally wanted to come over see me and although I was pretty tired, it wasn't even 10 yet...., I invited them over and so we catched up and talked and ate German chocolate and Gummibears. :) Yummm!! :)
So ya, last week I pretty much did nothing. Just went to Wally-Mart, hung out with a couple of friends, almost died of boredom on Friday but this week is gonna be better :) Tomorrow I'm gonna go shopping at the mall in Olympia and then there is the fair and we're probably gonna go to the beach and have a lot of fun! Now that I even have a cellphone it'll be way easier just to text ppl or to call them to hang out. :)
Kk guys I gotta go get some sleep ;)
Ttyl

Oh, and it's supposed to get warmer!!!!!! :)

No comments: